12.01.2013

Winter Of The Heart


The bus sped smoothly down the highway late that afternoon, taking me and my thoughts from place to place.

My mom was seated right next to me, playing Christmas songs stored in her cellular phone; the voice of Karen Carpenter as she sang Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire was a melodious mix of joy and melancholy, but the song failed to move me in any way; I hardly felt any emotion and I wondered if that was a good thing.

Barely noticing the passing of time, I watched as the scenes from the window swiftly changed. A few minutes later the skies sent a downpour, the raindrops on the glass window distorting the view from the outside; moist began to form as the air grew colder until I could no longer see clearly through the window pane.

I checked the time and we were still a few hours away from our destination. My eyes felt heavy and soon I found myself sleeping my way through empty feelings.




Originally posted at http://www.teckler.com/en/Irenewrites/Winter-Of-The-Heart-186659

24 comments:

  1. I need to sleep away empty feelings... just to be able to sleep again would be good... amazing as usual Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...sleeping my way through empty feelings." I love that line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't like the feeling of sleeping with an empty feeling. i hope you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a little bit of e-support from here. Stay strong! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know peace is all it takes. Whatever makes you calm. Only you know that.
    Give it time.
    winters have wrapped solutions in Christmas. Not far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you did an amazing job! X Anna

    www.fashionanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...hey you ♥:-) I understand what you say but please hang on never forget to prayyy!! I got bad times I struggle sometimes the lack of sleep is really hard to deal with
    Fight fight fight !!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. You wrote such a beautiful story, Irene. The title is so fitting. Loved the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. really nice pics!!
    if u want to visit my blog, I'll be glad of it :)
    maybe we can follow each other ;)

    http://lapetitetasse.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  10. the last line spurs the feeling.
    you have the strength to fight it, I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying that soon you'll find peace Irene and empty feelings remain in the past. Sleeping through them just deepen our sadness.
    Stay well and May God help you see the light above. xx
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all pass through zombie modes in our lives. It is like cold winter chill. Brace it through. The will shine again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. du hast einen sehr schönen Blog mit wundervollen Fotos :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. the way you write creates a strong image in my head. hoping you'll see a light soon and warm feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful
    Will you like to follow each other on GFC, FB or Twitter?
    Love
    New Post: Fashion Talks
    New Giveaway: Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you'll be filled and surrounded with happiness this holiday and let the empty feelings be nothing but a thing in the past :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. your writing blew me away. love your blog!
    new follower:)
    xoxo
    living-over-the-rainbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful writting as usual. it's normal in these days to feel that, everything whispering christmas in my ears but i couldn't feel a thing. but i guess when it's nearer it will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. love this... beautiful. kind of sad, in a way, but still beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautifully expressed ... loved it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. just by staring at your picture, i was instantly dragged into your world & your beautiful words always captivate me ;) pls keep writing lol

    x
    sartob

    ReplyDelete