12.10.2013

Sparkle


Somewhere in the darkness of your world, God sends a firefly along the way.

I was told to buy dinner at Jollibee that night. The lady who took my order was smiling from ear to ear as she saw me approach the counter, her eyes glinting with glee, her teeth sparkly white. Her cheerful disposition was highly contagious; I felt the burden in my chest lighten and found myself smiling back. The positive vibe accompanied me until I left, her face full of life playfully flashing in my mind like Christmas lights.

I somehow lost the ability to smile out of pure joy, with loneliness always hanging around and tugging me away from it. I am surprised by how a flux of negative circumstances can kill the sweetness in a person; at some point I felt like I didn’t have enough strength left to fight it anymore. But in my heart I feel there is a flicker of hope that helps me through the darkest days; that hope keeps me alive.

I know the sun will shine again; it always does.



Originally posted at http://www.teckler.com/en/Irenewrites/Sparkle-196569

25 comments:

  1. It is great to know that you are cheerful.

    Good luck dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep holding on to this flicker too... change always comes... eventually ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes it does. and you will. and you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The darkness of despair disperses with the lighting of the smallest of lamps. Until such time, fireflies will do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A smile does make something better. Smile, Irene!<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos :) i know sometimes you feel like smiling is so tired, but trust me, i get used to it and now i don't even feel bother. I smile a lot eventhough i'm completely dead inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep the hope alive! ;) I was reminded of the first time I saw fireflies, I felt joy like a child's. May there be more fireflies to light up our nights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes it does! The sun does shine again. Hold on, and keep strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sun will shine again, it will :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sun always shine again Irene and sometime a smile, a simple act of kindness can bring us hope, show us life is beautiful and we can find peace again.
    May God show you the light and bring you back in the center of it.
    Take care dear. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. i always smile when i see people smiling or laughing. it is so contagious. keep strong~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you feel better soon and that you find it in yourself to rise above the negative circumstances in your life. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sun is always there to fill light and overpower the darkness within us or in our lives.

    Don't be afraid to wear a smile, love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have that hope too but it gets weaker every time a new day comes.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely blog :)
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dropping by c:

    www.mochamori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. popping by here!
    your photos are absolutely beautiful! :D

    http://joannee-candygram.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. i like what you said here "Somewhere in the darkness of your world, God sends a firefly along the way." i do get that moment too sometimes esp when im very down. its always nice to see unexpected things that cheers you up. btw your good at creative writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the picture of the lanterns on the tree.
    It's always comforting to remember that, no matter what, this isn't the end and that the sun will always shine again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the tree design on the first pic...:) i hope you're doing great! Keep in touch

    www.andie-chambers.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just keep on holding on to Him. :)
    It'll pass!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your pictures are really pretty.
    www.star-fields.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  23. isn't it amazing how much a simple smile can change how you feel? This makes me want to smile at strangers more often

    ReplyDelete