11.01.2013

From This World To The Next



The wind gusted like souls in the afterlife rushing back to their former world.

The typhoon is here, I thought. Perhaps the souls of those who have gone before us are here, too. I lay in bed facing the window right next to me, the light coming from the outside shielded by forest green curtains, my body still and nearly paralyzed by constantly pondering on things.

My sister opened the door to our bedroom and, seeing me awake, started to make fun of me, the way only sisters would. I giggled and got back at her until we were both laughing. “It’s time for lunch,” she then told me.

I wondered if things would be the same after we die and if spirits talk, cry, and feel like humans do, or if the transformation from the physical to the spiritual form changes everything, including the way we think and perceive things.

Maybe it will be a totally different world… and it intrigues me…

  i



Originally posted at http://www.teckler.com/en/Irenewrites/From-This-World-To-The-Next-A-163962

20 comments:

  1. I think we can only assume that it should be quite different. Perhaps the parts of this world we'd wish to hold on to for a little bit longer are simply because we have no idea what is in store for us.

    xx
    LuLu
    Breakfast After 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost never thought this way.. Great post dear.

    Cheers,
    Janika
    http://crazysketchbook.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh . . . perfect piece for All Saints' Day! I wonder, too . . .
    Blessings, Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and thought provoking post.
    . You are fast becoming one of my favorite bloggers to read... I hope we go with all that we are...

    ReplyDelete
  5. it also intrigues me but in the same sense, engulfs me in fear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think about it too occasionally. sometimes i wonder, would we be the same on the other side? sometimes it's terrifying, so terrifying to think about what might happen. make me think if i have done good enough in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. What beautiful images. Love the deep write up about about souls :)

    Edita
    www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are beautiful and so is your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely blog :)
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you so much for your last lovely comment :)

    I love the photos here, such a pretty post as usual xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely set of photos, just beautiful! And it is very intriguing but I guess that's sort of the point, isn't it?

    Hayfa
    http://www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. good <3333
    http://rozaliafashion.blogspot.com/2013/11/sober-style.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know how it will be. I am a bit scared and at the same time I feel it will only be the perfect place for us to be at this time. Only God knows what is awaiting us.
    Take care dear Irene and Thanks for your nice words.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great opening line!!! I often wonder about spirits too. I think the afterlife will be a completely different, spectacular world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a GREAT post:) your blog always surprises and inspires me.

    Check out my new post....romantic feminine decor style:)

    have a lovely day pretty

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw thanks! You make my day!:)<3
    Love your beautiful pics. Hope you have a nice day cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful! the photo of those leaves is very apt, and only my sweet Irene can pen a line like this:The wind gusted like souls in the afterlife rushing back to their former world.
    -Portia

    ReplyDelete
  18. They go no where. All your loved ones are always around you. And someday when you set course for the world of souls, it will be a joyous journey. A caravan of loved ones.... Down the ages. All together. Forever.

    ReplyDelete