11.06.2013

Feelings Are Not Dead



Maybe I should totally skip the coffee at night.

My bed isn’t a friendly place for thoughts. Closing my eyes brought out events that I’d rather not write about. But then I guess laying in the dark does that. I eventually retreated to the dimly lit living room, made myself comfortable on the wooden rocking chair, and cuddled with my dogs; their licks on my face like a child’s sweet kisses and the touch of their fur on my skin as good as a much-needed embrace.

The emptiness is slowly fading away but the feelings are not quite there. Smiling felt forced; although I have a lot of reasons to laugh and be happy about, my heart is devoid of glee and remains a space filled with nothing but air. Melancholy is far more enticing I suppose. I noticed my irritation towards the slightest shortcomings of the people around me; I’m not really as sweet as I may seem to be.

For now, I’ll watch how the fleeting nature of my emotions unfolds.



Originally posted at http://www.teckler.com/en/Irenewrites/Feelings-Are-Not-Dead-A-167254

20 comments:

  1. Such a sad poem. I hope everything gets better! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww.. so moving.. great images with this post too!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this, I felt like I was in the room with you. As lonely as it sounds, it sounds like a place I would like to be. Beautiful.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you will feel better soon Irene. When night comes it's easy to feel sad and empty. But this place of yours seems to reassure you a bit. Keep coming there till you feel centered and joyful again.
    Take care and may God show you his grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. give some credit to yourself :)
    because, through it all, you survived.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo <3 good photo:)
    u mnie nowy zapraszam
    http://rozaliafashion.blogspot.com/2013/11/n-retro-style.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I write the words I feel... inside me I devoid of anything but air... on the outside always putting that face on... not always succeeding:-/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant you write the words I feel... early in the morning here ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all have those "dark nights of the soul." May God move you to a happier place very soon, Irene!
    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such depth to your feelings. It is good to feel , knowing how to move through our feelings ,cope with them then move on ~ all part of a life with depth and strength .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hold on! I under stand what you feel...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes It's okay to feel dark and sad and cry.. It washes out alot of stuff we keep holding inside ourselves.. But make sure you dont stay in this phase for too long!

    Following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean. I feel like that sometimes.

    Take care of you!
    Kisses!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I long for that feeling to not feel at all...

    PS. If you wanna see that place you should visit Tobermory in Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You take such beautiful photos. Have you got a star projector lamp? One with the filters that make stars shine all over your room? You can't be alone when you're amongst the stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful post :) thank you for your sweet comment♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a beautifully written piece ... loved it, and the images are perfect !!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Why i always feel your words as mirror of my feelings?,i wonder why?.....

    ReplyDelete