10.04.2013

That Place In Time



How could I have not realized that it was you when a former med school classmate mentioned about it in Facebook?

Maybe because it’s been more than three years when our paths crossed…
Maybe because along with quitting med school is leaving everything med-school-related behind…
Both the places and the faces.

My mind sifted through its previous pages and then suddenly flashbacks came…
Yet your face remained unclear.
But my heart was finally able to recall some bits and pieces of who you were…
Of how I came to know you three years ago…

It was a brief meeting. One week of Legal Medicine under your supervision.
No, shorter than that because the next half of the week we were in Camp Crame…
As far as I can remember, there were four of us junior interns at that time.
You welcomed us warmly and you made sure that you knew and called us by our first names.
And although it was only for a short period of time,
We had a relaxing yet fruitful learning experience with you.
Who would have thought that those moments would be part of the last three years of your life?

When I logged on to Facebook on Monday morning I finally came across an old photo of you.
And then everything became clear to me.
At first I was teary-eyed. But now I am smiling…
Because you have been an inspiration to many, and that includes me.

Thank you so much and goodbye, Dr. Torres.
Maybe it was really time for you to go.

Please tell God I said hello…

~I


18 comments:

  1. So touching . . . Sorry for your loss, my dear . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Martha. I'm sure he is in a much better place and that thought makes me smile. ♡ :-)

      Delete
  2. It's never easy to say goodbye Irene, but you did it well.
    May Dr. Torres be welcome with mush love wherever his spirit may go. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Marie. Saying goodbye is one of the most difficult things to do. But I guess we all really have to learn to let go, no matter how hard it is, knowing that one day, we will see each other again. ♡ :-)

      Delete
  3. aww i am sorry to hear about your loss dear. im sure he is in a better place now, stay strong :) xx

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Mitha. He is in a place far better than where we are today. ♡ :-)

      Delete
  4. oh :( i'm so sorry reading this, i'm with you if you wanna talk !

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, sweet Katie. I was sad when I found out that he passed away, but I'm feeling much much better now because I know that he is in a much better place and I know that a lot of people truly admired him when he was still alive. Thank you so much for your concern. I really appreciate it. ♡ :-)

      Delete
  5. Irene, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a lovely homage to Dr. Torres! It's always hard to say goodbye to those we love and to those who inspire us and you've done a wonderful job in this tribute. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bella. It still feels surreal every time someone shows a photo of him on Facebook. But the thought that heaven gained another angel is very comforting. :-)

      Thank you so much for the lovely visit, my friend! Much love and God bless! ♡ :-)

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss.. I believe he is smiling now besides God :)

    Chic Swank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Novarinna, he is. Thank you so much for your kind words. God bless. ♡ :-)

      Delete
  7. That's so sad. I'm sorry for your loss. But you wrote a beautiful tribute. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Suzy. He will be remembered as a great man who is full of kindness and who inspired many. Much love to you and God bless. ♡ :-)

      Delete
  8. So sorry for your loss! May he Rest in Peace!

    And thank you for sharing this personal story with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chrys. May God grant eternal repose to his soul... ♡ :-)

      Delete