10.19.2013

Sunrise



It was already 5 AM on Monday and I still couldn’t sleep…

At first I blamed it on the coffee but then I realized it was my sadness that was keeping me awake.
I tossed and turned on my bed hoping that the feeling would eventually fade away.
But it didn’t…

My soul needed nourishing… I had to pray.

I quietly recited the rosary and then stopped after meditating on the second Joyful mystery as my eyes started feeling heavy.
I knew sleep was finally coming upon me and I could continue with the rest of the mysteries in the morning.
As I closed my eyes, I started having a vision of the journey of the soul in the next life…

The whole place was bright.
Peace reigned.
And there was no longer the existence of pain.

Words floated and played in my mind…
I then wrote a poem...

My heart was free…

   i



Originally posted at http://www.bubblews.com/news/1342048-sunrise

12 comments:

  1. Love your photography, it's very ethereal :)

    Katie xo

    www.scarphelia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece of writing.. ♥ it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you could sleep weelll :(

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post!
    I loove it :)
    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the power of prayer Irene. It can ease sadness and bring peace to our hearts, we can see life in its beauty when we turn towards the divine.
    Take care dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos and touching reflection. So glad your sadness turned into joy and blissful sleep through your prayers.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the comment on my blog dear. I am now following you. You are a beautiful writer and it takes so much courage to say the things you do. Stay strong.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post. Loved the way you put it Irene. We all have such days. Just keep going. Things are gonna change.
    Cheers,
    Janika

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your poem and the ending: "finally home". <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such reflective, meditative photographs. It did my soul such good to see them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete