10.16.2013

Rocks Came Tumbling Down



I saw these broken fragments of what used to be a hollow block at our backyard one afternoon.
Among those that kept the soil, which held my dad’s small plants, from falling apart.
Once a foundation and now it could not even keep itself together.
One whole now in pieces.

My dad told me that a magnitude 7.2 earthquake struck Cebu and Bohol.
I confirmed it in the news which added that the calamity left 67 people dead.
The victims – those who died and the ones left behind – their lives used to be whole.
But now they are in fragments.

How will they be able to put all the pieces back together?
How will they be able to find some parts that are missing, or perhaps gone forever?

Let us whisper a prayer for our suffering brothers and sisters,
And to thank God for keeping us and our loved ones safe…

  i



Originally posted at http://www.bubblews.com/news/1345605-rocks-came-tumbling-down

11 comments:

  1. Nice pics
    Would you like follow each other? I'll be soo glad :) let me know and I'll be follow back


    ADDICT BE ICONIC BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so lovely <3 you should take lots of photos :)
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures! X Anna
    www.fashionanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. Love them. Let us follow each other on GFC, FB and Twitter? Love
    New Post Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers. This is a lovely piece. Our lives are often broken into pieces never to look the same again. I like to believe that this process somehow serves me. All things serve me...even death. We are here for such a short time, let us make it matter.
    Big hugs my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending a paryer your way Irene.
    Life is precious. One day you are whole and a second after you are in pieces. But God is there, holding our hands every minute, giving us the energy to rebuild what has been destroyed.
    May he keeps you and your loved ones well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending prayers for all in the Philippines who are suffering right now. May God help them put the fragments of their lives back together.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 67 people dead??!!7.2 magnitude!Oh my God!Disastrous,indeed.
    I pray that in this tough time may God bless all Philippines.

    With care and love.

    Zarnab...

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S:You're back on bloggers?..Good to see you;)

    ReplyDelete