10.13.2013

Passing



“He’s gone...”

My grandpa’s brother joined our Creator yesterday.
My sister opened the door to our bedroom, her eyes red and in tears, to tell me about the news.
I was half-asleep in bed when she did and when her words sank in, which didn’t take long, I fell into stillness followed by a long moment of silence.
My eyes met the light of day peeking through the bedroom curtains yet my gaze traveled further from the sun.
And then my heart was met with peace…

“He is healed,” I muttered with a collective sigh of relief as I addressed those words to God.
For days I’ve been praying that he be freed from all of his afflictions.
He already suffered so much.
Yesterday the Divine Physician finally answered my prayer… the healing was finally granted…
Not in this life but by taking him to the afterlife.
I then whispered a prayer for the eternal repose of his soul.

And then I watched… and listened… as the rain poured down…

 i



Originally posted at http://www.bubblews.com/news/1321467-passing

12 comments:

  1. Oh dear .....courage yes god is almighty and never forget his worshipers
    He is in peace....not suffering to him only quiet times ....
    I hug you tight !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comforting words, Ann. Really appreciate them. ♡♡♡ :-)

      Delete
  2. Aw, I love these photos <3 I don't want you to be sad :(

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to know that you liked the photos, Katie! :-)

      I was sad but God granted me peace. Thanks so much for the concern, my dear. ♡ :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss! But you're right, he is healed now. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chrys. He is with the Divine Healer now. ♡ :-)

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful words. I'm so sorry for your loss. But like you said yourself, sometimes the afterlife is the best healing.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire the person you are, Irene, for your courage and patience in facing this sad moment. Not so many of us are willing to write such beautiful words and accept the fate that's meant to be on our loved ones. Condolence to you and your family. May your grandpa's brother rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Balqis. Prayers and the support we have for one another in the family is what helps us stay strong.

      Thank you for your kind words, my friend. Take care and God bless. ♡ :-)

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry for your loss :(
    Your photos are beautiful just like you

    Chic Swank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Novarinna. :-)

      And I'm happy you enjoyed the photos. ♡ :-)

      Delete