9.25.2013

Blank



For two days (Sunday and Monday) my mind was in a spin,
My heart questioning self,
“When will you have something to write about?”
And I frantically skim through sites and sites in the internet,
Hoping that it will provide me with the answers.
The online world did not fail to amuse me.
I read and was entertained by one article to the next.
And yet…
I still haven’t found what I was looking for…
Ideas remained evasive…
How could it be?

Somewhat frustrated,
I stood up from the chair facing my laptop…
The chair of confusion as I would like to call it…
Closed all tabs and then put the gadget on standby mode.
And I thought to myself,
“Since being here isn’t doing me any good at the moment,
Maybe I needed to be somewhere else.”

The rocking chair facing my room hasn’t looked quite inviting for a while.
But at that time, it did.
I sat down…
Closed my eyes…
Allowed myself to sway with the chair’s rhythmic movement…
Freeing myself from that distracting inner noise…
Getting lost…

And then soon enough, my mind began crawling into space…

~I

26 comments:

  1. Sometime we just need to let it go, to face the emptiness, cause nothing can do us any more good than standing there and just being.
    Love from France dear Irene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Just being" -- how right you are about that, Marie. We move in a world that urges us to keep "doing" that we forget how just as important it is to just "be."

      Thank you for the lovely visit, my dear friend. Much love to you and God bless ♡ :-)

      Delete
  2. You are so inspring <3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment, Katie ♡ :-)

      Delete
  3. good post <3
    following?
    rozaliafashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rozalia. ♡ I am already following you, dear. :-)

      Delete
  4. We all have those days when we feel the same. You captured it so nicely dear..

    xoxo
    Janika
    http://crazysketchbook.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Janika. We all go through days like this. Thank you for the lovely visit, dear! Take care and God bless! ♡ :-)

      Delete
  5. When i can't write on internet I take a pen and a shit of paper and before sleeping I write :-) I get a new booklet in preparation... :-) internet is good but coming back to the roots is also good :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like a wonderful thing to do, Ann. I think I shall try doing that. We'll see if it works for me!

      Thank you for the awesome suggestion, dear! Take are always and God bless! ♡ :-)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so true that a change-up in what we are doing can trigger inspiration. Sometimes, I draw a blank when it comes to writing, and I always go sit outside (if it's a nice day) and spend time with God. It usually isn't long before He sends me ideas. :)
    Blessings, Irene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spending time with God is a wonderful thing to do, Martha, because He truly enlightens and so He is the best source of inspiration.

      Thank you so much for dropping by my little blog, Martha! Much love and God bless ♡ :-)

      Delete
  8. I love your writing...very inspiring
    Great post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I was able to inspire you in my own little way, Chidiogo! ♡ Thanks so much for the lovely visit! Take care and God bless! :-)

      Delete
  9. This is so nice :) You have a very beautiful words. I love your blog

    would you mind to follow each other? I will be so glad if you would :) Please let me know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words, Rizuna! ♡ You are free to follow me anytime if you want to. Take care and God bless! :-)

      Delete