9.15.2013

Birthday Reflections



Ten days ago felt like I was closing an old chapter of a book…
Every birthday felt that way for me.

Another year in my life has passed.
Yes, only a year.
But it seems like a lot has happened.
And when I look back at myself during the previous year,
I see a different person.
I see how much one can change in only a span of one year.
How the events that take place in our lives can shape us…
Or break us.

But well…

I can only hope that the change in me would be for the better.

Then I look back again,
And I see how truly blessed I am.
Sometimes I fail to realize that…
Because I allow myself to be blinded by my circumstances.
But God continues to bless me despite my shortcomings.
How could He be so good to me?
It’s overwhelming…

The old chapter has just been closed.
It’s time to write a new one…

Help me, God.

~I


14 comments:

  1. Thank You God for the new chapters we could write and the new adventures we could take.

    I am so pleased to see you back into writing again Irene. The Lord, in one of my prayers, assured me that you are doing well. My thoughts and prayers are always with you.

    We celebrate you everyday! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Melissa, praise God for the opportunity to write new chapters!

      I'm glad that He assured you that I was okay. And thank you so much for taking the time to include me in your prayers!

      Much love and God bless! <3 :-)

      Delete
  2. it's good to reflect now and then. happy birthday! may you have lots of happiness and good fortune.

    have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet greetings, Lissa! Take care and God bless! :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday dear. Totally agree with every word of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Janika! I wish you well! God bless! :-)

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday dear Irene! It's so wonderful how you've taken the time to introspect and reflect. Praying that you feel God's grace surrounding you even more this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Vrndavana! I hope all is well with you! God bless! :-)

      Delete
  5. Every year, every day, every moment is a new beginning. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I couldn't agree more, Galen! Thank you so much for dropping by! God bless! :-)

      Delete
  6. Happy (belated) Birthday! :)

    I loved the end of your piece, because I think it's something we all have in common. None of us are truly aware of how blessed we are because our day-to-day struggles blind us, like you said. But if we look back, we can see the good in our lives, which always out weighs the bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all do need to remind ourselves how truly blessed we are, Chrys. :-)

      Thank you so much for your birthday greeting! God bless! :-)

      Delete
  7. And, God will continue to bless you, my dear! Happy belated birthday to you!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, praise God, Martha! God bless! <3 :-)

      Delete